Wouldn’t it be nice to make money taking care of other people’s unwanted garbage and junk?
Yes, there is plenty of opportunity in the waste removal industry, provided you have patience and decent business acumen. We’ve seen folks achieve this right here in Sarasota. This article will show you how you, too, can make money in this lucrative service industry.
What is a Junk Removal Business?
Junk removal is a pretty simple concept, but with several components. It involves removing whatever items folks no longer want, rendering them into either recycling programs or to a landfill/incinerator. This covers everything from simple trash disposal all the way to large junk items like furniture, electronic equipment, appliances, yard waste, vehicle components, and much more.
How to Make Money with Junk Removal
Junk removal obviously depends on having the resources and wherewithal to transport junk away from people’s homes to an appropriate destination. To do this, you’ll need physical resources (normally a dump truck and collection materials), and a crew to carry away the junk.
While that may seem simple, there are a litany of details to consider, which will determine the viability of your junk removal endeavors.
- How to use the right crew size – since not all junk removal projects require five to 10 guys.
- Geographic concerns – the size and scope of your business range (which will affect your efficiency and customer responsiveness).
- How to convert junk into profits – because one man’s junk is another man’s treasure (especially when it concerns auto parts or recyclable computer equipment).
- Ways to encourage referrals and repeat customers – like any other business, you’ll want to do a good job AND convince satisfied clients to recommend you to their friends.
- Handling growth – you don’t want to grow beyond your means too fast, which could leave you with logistical headaches. In junk removal, this often means knowing when to add more removal crews to your operation.
- Stay Organized – with online record-keeping, a reliable and attractive business website, and every other important electronic/mobile service for modern companies.
Check Out A Sarasota Example of Profitable Junk Removal
Finally, we’d like to showcase a company that has already proven itself successful at junk removal. On our website, you’ll see a listing for the Be a Hero- Junk Removal & Dumpster Business, a small company for sale in Sarasota, Florida. They’re the resident experts for helping homeowners declutter and are looking for new ownership.
They possess a sterling cash flow of $279,000, an inventory of $30,000, and gross revenues of $1,148,000. So, if you like the notion of owning and managing a junk removal company, but don’t want to start from scratch, then here’s a terrific opportunity. The folks and Be a Hero already have a fully operational staff with equipment, accounting, and all the bells and whistles for doing business.
We hope you found this informative, and that it might motivate you to brainstorm some of your own business ideas. Hallmark Business Brokers is here to help you accomplish your business objectives, whether you seek to begin a business, buy an existing one, or sell one. You can learn about all that, including lucrative junk removal enterprises, by contacting us at 941-445-4726.